Finally getting back to this post, over a month later, which should give some indication of the pacing of this project thus far. Oh well.

Before I could install the trim, I decided to refinish the sills on the windows, because they were in pretty rough shape and I decided that it wouldn’t be too difficult as they are the flattest part of the window trim.

Gross
()

My first thought was to buy nice dimensional lumber and just use a router table to match it to the old pieces. I decided this would be a lot of work and Menard’s had a fairly close baseboard trim that cost me less than the bare wood.

Stock Stock
Menards' stock photo, and one of the pieces I bought.
()

The photo in this post is from July 4th of 2014, so I’m well behind in this post, but the cosmetic part of the window project is finally finished on the first floor, so I’ll be posting more information about that project soon.

()

The house project is on hold while some infrastructure is setup at my parent’s farm. To that end, I’m applying my skills to various projects over there. This is one of them, a mobile pen for rabbits, where they can graze without escaping or tearing up the lawn/pasture, and with a sheltered area for nesting.

mess

“Failing to plan is planning to fail.”

()

The house project is on hold while some infrastructure is setup at my parent’s farm. To that end, I’m applying my skills to various projects over there. This is one of them, a mobile pen for rabbits, where they can graze without escaping or tearing up the lawn/pasture, and with a sheltered area for nesting.

trapezoid pieces box

There is no version control system for woodworking.

()