Before any of the ambitious plans for the second floor can begin, I have to finish making various spaces livable. A seemingly simple part of this process was unpacking my kitchen boxes, but has become a little involved.

IMG_4229 IMG_4228
I'm pretty sure these drawers are older than I am.
()

Our most ambitious plans at this point are for the second floor. Here are a bunch of photos of it as it is now.

Landing “Bedroom”

landing-1 landing-2 landing-4
This is the view from the top of the stairs, my favorite parts are these "super useful" closets.
()

Possible wild goose chase today. While comparing and evalutating options for the second floor, we discovered that almost all the closet door knobs are missing.

()

Dad and I went over this morning to reassemble the “trap” on the bathroom sink, and rewire the electric circuit that runs under the kitchen sink.

Boxen

The wiring running into the outlet under the kitchen sink, for the dishwasher, was nearly bare on the neutral wire. We even saw a place where the hot had tried to weld to the ground. Awesome. At least the outlet was a GFI.

We bought spools of romex wire, and ran a new outlet in the basement, along the line for that circuit, which is pictured above, then ran new wire to the outlet under the sink. I got to wire up the basement outlet, though I had the basics already.

We also brainstormed the second floor and have a rough plan, I hope to have photos and a description of that soon.

After spending last weekend acquiring the missing kitchen appliances, (Woo Craigslist) we turned on the water from the street to see if there are any plumbling issues.

jpeg

There are.

The line of PVC running from the water softener is split down the side, and sprays water everywhere. Hopefully this is the only plumbing issue, but I doubt it. Too much pressure is being lost to get flow anywhere else, so we’ll see.

Update March 05, 2014: The source lines are rebuilt, and there’s no other source line leakage that we know of. There are some drain leaks, but those just need to be reassembled with pvc primer and we’ll be good to go.