I’ve fallen way behind in updating this site, but things are finally starting to move forward on the house. I’m planning to get some more photos and get a post up in the next week or so with details there, but in the meantime here’s a project from last year.

Finished-ish

()

A few weeks ago I finally got around to power-washing the dangerous slime off my back deck, and discovered I liked the bare wood and leftover paint even less. I took a belt sander to the remaining paint and gave the whole thing a coat of deck “stain”

The jury’s still out on whether it needs a second coat, but it probably does.

Before and After

Today’s post covers a couple of IKEA projects I did back in December. Just a little step-by-step, and nothing super fancy just some stain and paint.

()

Finally getting back to this post, over a month later, which should give some indication of the pacing of this project thus far. Oh well.

Before I could install the trim, I decided to refinish the sills on the windows, because they were in pretty rough shape and I decided that it wouldn’t be too difficult as they are the flattest part of the window trim.

Gross
()

My first thought was to buy nice dimensional lumber and just use a router table to match it to the old pieces. I decided this would be a lot of work and Menard’s had a fairly close baseboard trim that cost me less than the bare wood.

Stock Stock
Menards' stock photo, and one of the pieces I bought.
()